Updated: Nov 3, 2019
I have tried to give my readers and followers a birds eye view of what I have done to achieve the level of monetary and personal success I have enjoyed. Anyone who knows my story (which by the way will be chronicled in my upcoming 4th book From Prison to Prism) is well aware of what I have had to go through since childhood to make success a reality in my life. I have had to find mentors along the way who had my best interest in mind. I have made a boatload of money for the investment companies I have worked for and for private individuals, as well as for myself.
These are pretty much the principles I have come to adopt on my wild and sometimes perilous journey to the financial promise land. I hope you can use these same principles and achieve your own version of success whether it be financial or personal.
1. The broke think everything is too good to be true, while the rich think that getting a job sounds too bad to be true.
2. Broke people give up when things don't go their way; a few disappointments and they are onto something else, saying things like "it wasn't for me." The rich work harder and become more determined when things go bad, and understand that you have to take the bad with the good to make it.
3. Broke people always have an excuse. Rich people say "my fault" and refuse to make excuses.
4. Broke people think that not getting what they want is OK. Rich people are disgusted at the thought of not getting what they want and will do whatever it takes.
5. Broke people always have to talk it over with their broke friends to make sure no one will make fun of them if they make a decision. Rich people think for themselves and could care less what their broke friends think.
6. Broke people are never coachable and teachable. Rich people are always learning, even when the money starts coming in, they never stop learning from those who were there first.
7. Broke people are afraid of others. Rich people entrust in others and know that other people are crucial for their success.
8. Broke people are always procrastinating; they would rather talk about it, read about it, think about it, but never seem to do anything about it. Rich people hate doing anything but getting it done.
9. Broke people are glad when the day is over. Rich people love when the day begins.
10. Broke people think rich people are lucky. Rich people put themselves into a position to be "lucky," and then work hard to make the "luck" show up.
11. Broke people work by the hour. Rich people work by the month. Broke people want to know that after 1 hour of work they have something to show for it. Rich people find broke people who think like that and make them their employees.
12. Broke people get excited they just got hired. Rich people think it is funny that someone could be fooled that easily; they are just making the rich person richer.
13. Broke people complain a lot about their job. Rich people are thankful that they don't have a job to complain about.
14. Broke people are too concerned about what other people are doing. Rich people are only concerned about what they can be doing to get more done. Broke people think that if no one is doing something, it must be wrong. Rich people think that if no one is doing something, it means more money for them. Broke people think that if everyone (all 200 people at the meeting in a city of 1 million) is doing something, it must be saturated. Rich people think that broke people aren't too bright.
15. Broke people think it is OK for other people to live where they want to live, drive what they want to drive, and do what they want to do. Broke people are OK with the fact that they can't do these things. Rich people get sick just thinking about being average. Broke people think that other people's opinions are worth more than their dreams. Rich people know that their dreams are worth more than other people's opinions.
Believe me when I tell you that "To be rich, you must learn from the broke. Do not do what they do, think how they think or act like they act."
Carlos C. Johnson III
The UnderCover Millionaire